Re: Falcon Exhaust, TR6

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Falcon Exhaust, TR6
From: corey.sherman@RCN.COM
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:25:18 -0500
How ironic... I recently purchased and installed a SS Exhaust system for
my 1971 TR6 from Rimmer with EXACT same as results!

Installation:
This was a dream, or so I thought so. It was a bolt and go procedure and
almost too easy. Now I know why...

I replaced everything from the engine mount back -- a NOS Exhaust Manifold
(eBay), new SS pipes (Rimmer) and exhaust, hangers, gaskets, nuts & bolts
(TRF) for the incredible price of $275. This was the easy part.

But, I too, ran into the same problem that Pete did (see my pictures:
http://users.rcn.com/corey.sherman/TR6/Muffler/Muffler.htm). My muffler is
cockeyed as well, with the right pipe higher than the
left. The pipes can't be lowered due to the Breast Plate (lower,RR1321,
also known as the Crucifix joint), and the muffler can't be raised due to
the Crossmember (axle, rear 214031/Rear Chassis RR1324). I had too also
use universal rubber hangers from NAPA, and drill my own holes. This has
maded me a little annoyed at TRF (where I order the new fittings) for
spending money on unnecessary/misfitted parts. Although the muffler
misalignment is a cosmetic issue, it has been bugging
me ever since (HELP!).

I asked Rimmer Bros. Techs for help three months ago, and am still waiting
for an answer... I guess they figure since the Plymouth took that long to
cross the Atlantic, I could wait as long (That's why I order from the
TRShopLondon instead! better prices too).

Performance/Sound:
I, too, have been delighted. A great balance between function and design.
The stainless steel not only looks great, the sound is exhilarating, yet
not obnoxious (like Monza), and the seal/fit is tight. Although, I did
have to hand sand and polish exhaust pipe tips myself!

Your thoughts, comments and advice always welcome!

Corey Sherman

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  Yet another person who has their mailer set to just
automatically include everything in the reply.  mjb.]