See America in a Triumph!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: See America in a Triumph!
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:39:58 -0700 (PDT)
Well, upon arriving home and browsing some of the digests, I can see that Dave
Massey has been keeping everyong up to date on the happenings at Breckenridge.
Wow, it looks like he did just about everything!

None the less, I feel obligated to get a few of my stats on the record.

Trip to Breckemridge:
VA,MD,WV,KY,IN,IL,MO,OK,TX,NM,CO
Eleven States and over 2200 miles (excluding in town trips on days where we
stoped in Oklahoma City and Denver to visit with friends.  Top down the whole
way, except during the vicious storms the first night in West Virginia.

Many thanks to Dave Massey and the St. Louis TOA for having a cookout / send
off party for the convention travelers.
It was nice to meet some other list members before the convention.
We felt so refreshed after that stop that we actually got back on the road and
got another hundred or so miles under our belt.  (The cool evening temperatures
helped, contrasting from the extremely hot afternoon ones.)

We took the express route for the trip back from Breckenridge and stayed on
Interstate 70 the whole way.  We had a few more items than we came with (such
as the warmer clothes we had to buy) and so the top stayed up for the entire
trip home.

CO,KS,MO,Il,IN,OH,WV,PA,MD,VA: 10 states and around 1750miles.
We had no overlap in our route between Denver CO, and Frederick MD.
Different roads there and back.  All in all we hit 14 states.

For the trip home, hotel to doorstep was just over 36 hours.
The First day we made it from Breckenridge to Effingham Illinois: about 1040
miles.  It took over 14 hours on the road.
We did manage 710 miles during the first ten hours despite the 100 or so miles
of construction in Kansas and the Taco Bell / KFC that couldn't get our food
order right.

It is real easy to drive fast out there in the west.

Speaking of construction. . .I'd say Missouri needs at least 100 miles of
construction zones.  Perhaps the highway department could install very small
ramps in the road and you could jump over the bad sections and have a smoother
ride.  :)

I guess it is time to get ready for the real world again.
Someone had the courtesy to steal the CD deck out of our only non Triumph car
while we were gone.  I'll have to add "fill out police report" to the list of
things to do.

It was fun, but it is good to be back home again.

Scott Tilton
In Leesburg, VA
Hoping his neighbors don't steal the new CD deck out of the TR-6.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/