tr3 eats rotor buttons

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3 eats rotor buttons
From: Shane Sherman <edman@midmaine.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:04:58 -0400
Greetings,
I've covered a few hundred miles with the ol' TR3 beater in the last
couple weeks, using it as a daily driver, but on a couple occasions have
"failed to proceed"  due to rotor button failures. I have never seen
this phenomenon before. The car has a replacement 12 volt coil, Bendix I
believe, says uc-2x on it. Is it possible to run too much spark? I've
been through 3 rotors so far, they usually go a few days to a week, then
"poof" they arc through and the car immediately stops running.
     Also, at high revs, I've noticed the turn indicator lamp in the
panel starts to glow. sort of a crude shift light. strange.

Shane Sherman
'60 TR3A (beater)
'71 GT6 Mk3 (future project)
'60 Sunbeam Alpine (temporarily immobile)