RE: Overdrive

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: RE: Overdrive
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:08:50 -0400
Cc: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "James Fowler" <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>, "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Message text written by TeriAnn Wakeman
>If you live in the flatlands an OD is good for a fifth gear & maybe not
much else but is you line in mountainous areas and/or drive winding roads
fast, being able to split gears is really nice.
<

Another convenience of overdrive is in heavy traffic where you speed up to
50 and slow to 25 and back and forth.  You can put the transmission on
third and switch in and out of overdrive and stay off the clutch.

That said, I have been able to avoid these situations  by choice of routes
and choice of commute times and I used overdrive as a fifth gear.  (I hate
heavy traffic)

Dave Massey
St. Louis (Sprawl City, USA)