Re: TR-6 Clutch (Toyota / TRF uprated TO bearing)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Clutch (Toyota / TRF uprated TO bearing)
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:32:47 -0800 (PST)
Holy Moly I got a lot of comments like this:

> ."  When I hold the clutch in at
>      a stop light, there is no noise.  "
>

> Why, pray tell, are you holding the clutch in at a stop light? That's a
> great way to wear out any throwout bearing, Japanese or not. Put it in
> neutral and use the brake, foot or hand. Oops! Excuse me. "parking brake".
> P.C. y'know.

Just for the record. . .
I don't hold the clutch pedal in at stoplights.
I only used it as an example to help explain the behavior of the bearing.

I guess I should have said:  "when I drive around Fairfax VA at 8:15AM  . . ."

A clutch gets a real workout in DC rush hour.

Of course I can see the next set of comments coming in:
"Why pray tell would you drive around Washington DC near rush hour?"

Which should last longer . . . the TOB or the thrust washers?

good night
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

///
///