British Car Days

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Car Days
From: "Mike Smith" <Mike.Smith@bbdo.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:36:00 -0500
I've been following the discussion on the Phoenix car show etc. with interest,
and would like to encourage any listers who can get up this way in September to
the biggest (and dare I say best) British Car day on the continent.
A thousand, count 'em, one thousand, LBC's were there this year (and that was a
few short of the previous year's record). And not only cars - a large BMC
camper bus turned up along with a bunch of really exotic machinery.  For those
of you that are into statistics, here is just a partial list of the registered
cars: 207 Triumphs, 211 MG's, 15 Morgans, 31 Minis, 88 Jaguars, 33 Lotus, 14
Sunbeams, 21 Aston Martins, 5 Daimlers, 25 Rolls & Bentleys, 14 TVR's, 21 Land
Rovers, 43 Austins,39 Morris and Anglias...and on, and on.
It's run by the Toronto Triumph Club, and this year is on September 15 & 16.
Contact  Chris Walker (905)335-0812, who's organizing it this year, for any
more details etc.
And Chris de Wet, come over and visit - I'm an ex-Jo'burger living in Toronto
with a TR3 and Mk2 Spit, both in bits.

Cheers, Mike

///
///