Re: 62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 14:22:26 FILETIME=[5F32B830:01C0A3ED]
>From: TR250Driver@aol.com
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: 62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble
>Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:42:28 EST

I see Bill Piggot saying in his book the Original Triumph that all
>TR4`s up to body #  CT 6429 had the short bubble and after the long bubble.
>Unfortunately no body #`s were recorded on CKD cars but I assume he is
>trying
>to tell me that my car should have a short bubble.  I have Concours Judges
>threatening to deduct points.

I say that during the production of TR4`s from
>about CT 4800 to CT 6429 Triumph used both the short & long bubble or power
>bulge on the bonnet. Thats my story and I`m sticking to it!  What do the
>other 62`s say?

    Hey!  CT4852L has the short bubble... My take on the
    inconsistency is... it's easy to change the bonnet on
    a `4 it's also the one panel that is easiest to
    damage (largest exposed panel... also in a horizontal
    plane). I think those long bubble early cars are most
    likely sporting replacement panels.

    As for those concours judges that want to deduct
    points for the wrong bonnet... let them tell you
    where you can get the "correct bonnet" to fix the
    inconsistency. MAN... I knew there was a reason I
    hate concour d'elegance...

    My car was hardly original... incorrect head, TR3A
    tranny, among othe things... These cars can be bitsas
    before we get them.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)