Rally clock etc. [and Electric Fan]

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rally clock etc. [and Electric Fan]
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:11:01 -0700
Cc: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Sumner Weisman wrote:

> No offense to anyone -- this is certainly not intended as a flame to anyone
> in particular,  but I can't believe we're replaying the classic Electric Fan
> thread again.  Is there nothing new under the sun?  Deja Vu all over again.
> BTDT.

Well, I thought my next question was a little too "special interest" for the
list,
but anything to provide Sumner with an alternative to electric fans....  ;-)

I was looking for a dash mounted rally clock, but I'm put off by eBay prices,
apparently they're rare and popular for that "period look." I now have a
surprisingly good castoff glovebox lid -- thanks to the kindness of strangers,
in particular Greg P. and Adrian -- onto which I might bolt a nice Heuer
clock if I had $500+ to spare. I've also looked at the Autostorica tripmeter.
Anyway, any suggestions for cheaper but period looking dash clockery?
Or nice tripmeters?

Also, if I mount an electric fan on the dash to keep my wife/navigator cool
during hot summer rallyes, will I need to.... just kidding. <g>

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO

///