Weight of engine / tranny vs. body shell

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weight of engine / tranny vs. body shell
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:44:12 -0700
A strange question out of context.  I've set up a pulley system that easily
held my TR6 body shell in the air (minus the fenders, bonnet, and trunk
lid).  I'm now wondering whether the same system might hold my engine /
tranny in the air prior to installation in the TR6.  I'm figuring that the
engine and tranny combined weigh about 500 lbs to 600 lbs.  If my body shell
weighed that much (or more), then I feel comfortable using the pulley to
lift the engine.  What are your thoughts as to the weight of the engine?

Eric Conrad
'76 TR6 - want to get the lungs back into the sports car

///
///