TR6 - Restoring Rubber Bumper Overriders

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Restoring Rubber Bumper Overriders
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:39:45 EST
List,

Has anyone had any success with restoring the rubber bumper overriders for
the later TR6's?  And, I'll add, I am going to use them so trashing them is
not an option:)

I checked the FAQ list and didn't find a match.  I bet there have been posts
before on the subject but I never archived them.  I've been using 0000 steel
wool (wet) with Vinyl-X.  It's gotten a lot of the scratches out but not all.
 I'm moving on to another suggestion of using a scotch brite pad with Vinyl X
or a Meguirer's vinyl restorer product (coming soon by mail) but thought I'd
check with anyone who's been there.

TIA,

Chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - busy grinding & sanding the body - check
out my progress by visiting
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)

///
///