Re: Clutch shaft removal

To: KENNETH WARINGA <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch shaft removal
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:44:22 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ken,

I just had to do the same thing. However I had the luxury of being able to drill
the remainder of the taper pin from the hole in the transmission where the input
shaft goes. There should be a hole in the bell housing aligned with the taper
pin
where you can aim a drill and carefully drill out what is left of the taper  pin
to the  point where you can remove the fork. Be careful not to damage the
threads
on the fork if  you plan to replace with another taper pin. There was a thread a
few days ago about how to replace the taper pin with hole through the shaft.
Visit
the archives for that solution.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V

KENNETH WARINGA wrote:

> How do you get the clutch shaft out of the fork?  My taper pin is sheared so I
> took out the gearbox (sure could have used another set of hands).  Now I can't
> get the shaft out of the fork.  The fork moves forward and back some on the
> shaft, but not sideways.  I've tried to gently persuade it with a hammer, but
> I'm afraid I might break something.  Any advise will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken Waringa

///
///