Re: TR3 Rear cyl Fitting Kit problem

To: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear cyl Fitting Kit problem
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:17:57 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Pat

I had this problem some time ago.
> I've been puttering around with the rear wheel brake cyl fitting kit and
> have a couple of questions.
>
> I've figured out the sequence of the shims, locking plates etc. But what I
> can't figure out is the rubber "boot". I know the hand brake steel elbow
> goes through the narrow slot, but does this boot go on AFTER all the shims ?
> (I think so).

Yes, it goes on after ,then 'clips' between the middle lockplate and the
backplate .

> > If so, how is the end OPPOSITE the narrow end (That the hand brake elbow
> goes through) get held in place ? It is just a 1/8" wide rubber that
> surrounds the shim set and has "No visable means of support" <G>
>
> Also
>
> In the fitting kit is a package of "Mechanical Grease"... where does this go
> ? Do I just slop it around the shim set, inside the shoe expander and around
> the ends of the shoes that fit in the cyl ??

Instruction leaflet states....lubricate cylinder bore with brake fluid .
lubricate backplate with grease in the area on which the cylinder
slides. Do not allow grease to contact hydraulic parts .

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mike Kitchener
60 TR3A TS 75178