Re: TR7 BFH#36 - Lug Centric?

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#36 - Lug Centric?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:31:01 +0000
Cc: Eganb@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Or you could do as I did when I was searching for lugnuts for the wheels on my
Spit Racer.  I am using some 6" wide wheels that came
off a TR8 and lug studs that go on a TR6.  So the application is probably the
same.

I couldn't find lugnuts that were long enough without being too long.  THere
were plenty available but note exactly the correct size.
So I bought a set of the longer ones and ground down the ends on my bench
grinder until they were just the right length to fully grab
all the threads without bottoming out before the wheel is tight.

JOe