Unbalanced Brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Unbalanced Brakes
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 04:38:46 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone,

Ive got a little braking problem with the TR-6.
The right front wheel will lock and skid long before the left one will.
As a matter of fact,  I cant say as Ive ever made the left one lock.

Furthermore, I would say it is locking up very prematurely .. . meaning that I
would
think Id be able to endure some more drastic deceleration before I start
skidding.
Ive got 205 Michelin Pilots  on the car.

Ive known about this problem for several months. . . but also knew I needed
some new
brake rotors as one had some very deep gouges on it.  (By gouges I mean
depressions
that would resemble someone dragging their fingers in a spinning clay pot as it
was
forming)
I figured I just had different amounts of friction surface on each side and
that was
the problem.

I changed the rotors and pads. . .  and Ive still got the problem.

Any ideas?

Could an old flex line on one side cause a problem?
How about if I had one early TR-6 caliper and one later one.  (I wouldnt think
so ..
but I thought Id ask anyway)

TIA
Scott Tilton