Re: TR6 won't start

Subject: Re: TR6 won't start
From: "Mo & Dave MacKay" <m.d.mackay@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:49:47 -0500
When my TR3A wouldn't start, I overstressed the starter and have the same
symptoms that you've described. I'm certain that the starter will need to be
rebuilt.

How could I "overstress" the starter? I was sure that the 2 year old battery
was OK, and kept cranking too long. I stoppped when I heard those clicks (and
a whining noise). In the process of chasing the problem down, I took out the
battery only to find that a mechanic (who shall remain unnamed) drilled into
the back of it when he did some work on my car. It had lost a lot of fluid and
couldn't possibly hold a charge anymore (even though the car had started just
a couple of weeks earlier). I should've stopped to check it first, but I was
so sure that it was OK ...

Some times we are fated to learn the same lessons over and over.

Regards,
               Dave MacKay