Re: Powder coating question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder coating question
From: "Tinker Mechanic" <speedbuggy65@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 04:20:30 -0000 FILETIME=[D5A808C0:01C07B85]
>All this talk about powder coating the wheels got me >thinking

Yeah me too, but I hesitate to bring up the "M" word again.

So say one wants to powdercoat his old Magnesium Wheels. . .

Any extra precautions necessary?
What's the best way to get the old paint off?

Is there an abrasive blasting media that won't harm the old metal?

Or. . . a chemical stripper that won't hurt it?

please note: I didn't make any mention of catching the Magnesium on fire.

I'm trying to avoid flames from the list

Thanks in advance.

Room A Zoom Zooooooom!