RE: Dizzy Advance

Subject: RE: Dizzy Advance
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:05:36 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Harbor Freight sometimes has the MityVac (brand) automotive 'kit' on sale for
$40.  This is the metal bodied one, which IMO is better than the plastic bodied
one that Pep Boys sells.  (I have the plastic one, held together with baling
wire and JB weld.)  The kit includes the brake bleeder attachment, which IMO is
worthless for bleeding brakes, but works well for things like changing the fluif
in dashpots.

The advance plate on a TR3 can be removed from the base plate.  IMO it's
worthwhile to occasionally do so, in order to smear a little high-quality grease
on all the contact spots.  As long as you've got the plates out, also remove the
advance weights to be cleaned, inspected and lubed.  Whole job takes maybe 20
minutes, and won't alter the timing (unless something was stuck to begin with).

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver