Three pot Girling calipers

To: Windoseat@aol.com;, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Three pot Girling calipers
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 12:51:52 -0500
Greg,
I am almost certain I had those calipers on a Volvo from the 60s. I had a
whole string of 122s, including a wagon (223), as well as a P1800S. The
P1800S had 4-pots; some of the earlier 122s had 2-pots, so I think it was
either the middle 122s or the wagon (~67-68 timeframe) that had the three
pots.
Somehow they had both front wheels and one rear wheel on each of the two
braking circuits, so if one side went they said you would still have 80%
braking.
Regards,
Jim Wallace