RE: TR 4 front suspension.

To: John Howard <trjhhow7@home.com>, triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 4 front suspension.
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:40:58 -0800
John :

The nylon bushings in the lower inner pivots certainly wear, and are cheap
enough that I see no sense in not replacing them while you have the suspension
apart.  The lower outer pivots should be inspected carefully, I suspect you will
find significant wear there too.  Note that the brass bushings in the wishbones
need to be reamed after installation.  The upper ball joint lasts a long time,
it may be OK, but should be inspected.  However, it's also a lot less work to
change later.  The thrust washers are probably OK.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver