RE: Brake Rotors

To: "Mike Smith" <Mike.Smith@bbdo.ca>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Rotors
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 11:52:55 -0500
Mike,

Here is some input from my personal archives. Michael Porter is
commenting on a Brian Kemp reply that says it all :

*****************************
Brian Kemp wrote:

> I just happen to a have brand new pair of rotors for my TR6 on
my living room floor.
> One is 0.504 inches thick and the other is 0.506".  Right about
1/2" if you
> measure with regular tools.  I guess that is close enough for
the new Italian
> made rotors from TRF.  I can even read the minimum thickness on
the side - 11.4
> mm.

Important to note, briefly, that there _are_ still more than a
few
metrically-challenged mechanics running brake lathes out there,
so it
should be said that the 11.4 mm printed on these rotors indicates
minimum thickness of 0.448".

Hope this helps

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com