Re: gearbox swap

Subject: Re: gearbox swap
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:05:30 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bernd :

Yes, the 4-synchro box is a little longer than the 3-synchro one.  The
usual advice is to elongate the holes (or drill new ones) in the rear
crossmember so that everything fits without straining the rubber
mounts.  Otherwise, it shortens the life of the mounts considerably.

If you dislike cutting the crossmember, another option is to cut the
holes in the rear motor mount.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver