Re: stone chip in windshield: repairable?

To: frank@zk3.dec.com, quattro@audifans.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stone chip in windshield: repairable?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:44:56 EST
In a message dated 00-12-27 09:55:40 EST, frank@zk3.dec.com writes:

<<  Do I have to spring for a new windshield,
 or can a damaged one be saved?  It's not a very big chip, and
 there aren't any cracks radiating from it (yet). >>

Douglas,

Several years ago I found a guy who specializes in windshield repair from my
local Ford dealer.  He made a house call and repaired a windshield chip that
I thought couldn't be repaired and, here's the best part, I had to look very
hard to locate where the repair was done.

Try a local car dealer for a recommendation...the dealers use these guys to
touch up windshields on new cars that are damaged in transit to the showroom
so they tend to do a pretty good job.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - working on body & engine)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)