Re: philosphy (way too long a resonse)

To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: philosphy (way too long a resonse)
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:22:13 -0700
Cc: kengano@mcleodusa.net, Herald948@aol.com, DeWetC1@sapo.co.za, spitfire4@ix.netcom.com, t_c_wilson@bigfoot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
greenman62@hotmail.com wrote:

>    The Key is not to pass a replica off as an original. Also if a
>    sanctioning body "ONLY WANTS ORIGINAL CARS" and chooses to reject
>    either of the above Ferraris they should be free to do so. The owners
>    of either car should not whine if either or both cars are rejected,
>    Caveat Emptor... No?

I think this is probably the key to any such work--there's probably a
fine line between creating a replica and producing a forgery. Probably
on which side of that line the car belongs is likely in large part
dependent upon the amount and type of bragging done. If one determines
that if a sanctioning body can't tell the difference, then neither can
the rubes, and tries to sell the car as an original, that's fraud. And,
certainly, if a sanctioning body only accepts originals, then one knows
the rules up front, and accepts the chance that the car may be refused
participation.

Cheers, all.

--

Michael D. Porter