Re: GT6+ Christmas Tree Getter

To: BethKen@erols.com, gt6driver@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6+ Christmas Tree Getter
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:13:28 EST
In a message dated 12/21/00 7:29:20 PM EDT, BethKen@erols.com writes:

> Interesting...you seem to have painted your windshield surround (frame)
>  black, as I did. My understanding is that only Mk2s (UK only) had this
>  feature, and that all of the GT6+s, like ours, had body color frames. I
like
>  the look (TR6ish) better too.

Ken, my observation over the years was that ALL (and one always says that
hesitatingly when referring to Triumphs) 1970 model GT6s, i.e., those with
commission numbers KC75001 and future (as well as 1970 Spitfires and 1970-on
TR6s), had the matte black windshield frames. My own KC75121L, built
somewhere around August 1969 or so, has such a frame. I rather like it as
well.

--Andy Mace