RE: Seam Sealer

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seam Sealer
From: "Eric Conrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:25:18 -0700
Patrick,
I did respond within the hour of your original posting.  It also seems that
others responded on the same issue, but I'm not sure.  I have deleted my
original message to you, but it went something like this:

I recently lowered the body of my TR6, and have all new mounting rubber
pads, bolts, and aluminum spacers.  I kept all the old pieces, and kept
extensive notes of what went where, and how many spacers went where.  Long
story short, I found that the two mounting holes that are inside the engine
bay that mount to the angled square bars from the frame to the top of the
shock towers appeared to not align.  Matter of fact, these two body tub
holes seemed too far forward.  However, I tested by using the 3/8" bolts,
and tapped them home.  To help the additional space, I added an aluminum
spacer on each side (between the tub & frame), in addition to the "required"
rubber spacers that were originally mounted.  I believe this will work, but
will be sure when I'm fitting the external panels (this week I hope).

Good luck,
Eric Conrad
'76 TR6 - still final sanding, but ready to seal & paint the rear of all
panels tomorrow (Sunday).