Re: Original TR4 Radio

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Original TR4 Radio
From: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:50:44 -0400
Thanks Art
The only 'hole' in the back of the case is next to the antenna
receptacle. Inside there is a screw- but the wires just mount to the
antenna receptacle and to ground- not a switch.

I'll take some JPEGS as I clean it up and check it out.

Sherman

In a message dated 14-Dec-00 22:20:27 Eastern Standard Time,
staffel@home.com
writes:

    'Assuming' I can get this radio to work, was it originally a
positive
    ground unit? (ART???)

Sherman, I didn't order a factory installed radio because I had been
warned
that since I was shipping my car myself the odds of my radio arriving in
NY
were very low.  Seems radios were a hot item for thieves while in
transport.
I bought a radio in NJ at an auto radio shop.  It had a switch for + or
-
ground on the side.

Don't know if the original Triumph radios had that option since most
Brit
cars were + ground at the time.  Check to see if there is a small screw
head
with access through the side of the case.  It might be marked + and -.
Hope
that helps.

You could always go back to + ground.  The only reason I converted to -
ground (a few months ago) was because I now have a modern radio.