TR4A distributor vac specs?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A distributor vac specs?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:20:22 EST
Hello TR4A owners,

My late production TR4 motor is almost up to TR4A specs - with a little help
I can get it the rest of the way.

If you could tell me the 'vacuum advance unit' specs used on your stock Lucas
distributors I might already have one in my box.

There is a tiny number stamped in the 'neck' area of the vacuum advance
diaphram- around the 'push-on' connection area. It should read something like
2-6-3 or 5-11-8. The other ten digit number there is not as important.

It might require a flashlight, mirror and a little rubbing.

If you could jot the numbers down for me I sure would appreciate it - i don't
know where else to get this information - unless someone has the LUCAS -
Publication #SB222 (Section 5 shows specs applied to makes).

After 25+ years of ownership I didn't even know they made so made different
versions of this vacuum unit until last year (I did a brief survey of TR4
owners who mostly have 2-6-3 units on their cars).

I will publish TR4A findings on the TR List.

Regards,
Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74