Re: Black goop in wheel wells

To: robc@cisco.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Black goop in wheel wells
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 09:37:15 EST
In a message dated 00-11-29 17:04:04 EST, robc@cisco.com writes:

<< So is the best method a stout putty knife/cold chisel and a hammer?
 Will chemically stripping the paint also take care of the undercoating? >>

Rob,

I just went through this with the TR6.....I used a sharpened, stiff putty
knife plus several stiff wire brushes and some screwdrivers combined with
your favorite solvent in a spray bottle.....and lots of rubbing.....this is
really a grunt job but somehow I have a feeling that it'll be worth
it.....good luck.  Oh, the cold may work to your advantage as the thicker
stuff gets brittle when cold and can be cracked with a rubber hammer....

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - working on body & engine)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)