Re: Outside Car Storage

To: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Subject: Re: Outside Car Storage
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:28:41 -0600
Cc: Paul Brandsema <lbc61tr4@usa.net>, Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> 1974 T140V
>
> Paul Brandsema wrote:
>
> > List,
> >
> > A friend of mine is finally going to do the honorable thing and pull the
> > engine from his TR4 and have it rebuilt over the winter.  He is planning on
> > storing the car, less engine and gearbox, outside.  He is wondering what the
> > best way was to deter mice and other rodents from using the car as a winter
> > retreat.  I suggested moth balls or wiring with booby traps.  Since he knew
> > that the list has been very helpful to me in the past, he thought it to be
> > good to solicit your ideas.
> >
> > I'll foward any responses to him.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Paul Brandsema
> > High Point NC
> > 61 TR4

> > Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

Well, here are three comments:

1. A couple of friends have tried mothballs and they did not work.

2. One friend swears by Irish Spring Green (that's not the right name -- it's
the
green deodorant soap advertised on TV) shaved off with a pocketknife and spread
around.

3. This one I just love -- I have a friend who is into Chevvies and always has a
half dozen to store. Every winter, he puts each one in a huge plastic bag --
you can
get them at Farm Co-Op - farmers use them for storing sileage (that's chopped up
corn stalks to you city folks) and puts a pan of oil dry under the car as a
dessicant......

--

uncle jack

The Attorney General advises that vintage racing may be hazardous to your
wealth.