Re: W's Triumph

To: yellowtr@borg.com, jmerone@rocketmail.com
Subject: Re: W's Triumph
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:42:42 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 00-11-13 17:50:42 EST, yellowtr@borg.com writes:

<< Now if that is so and one could obtain the Comm. Number from Mr Bush and
 track down the car and if he is the next president, would that car have
 some "EXTRA" value?? >>

I think this is a great idea but read on....just suppose that the car was
found and restored and presented to Mr. Bush.  On the positive side, I can
only imagine the possible donations and goodwill that could be generated to
foster preservation of our marque....BUT, hmmm, on the otherhand, maybe it
would trigger government mandates on antiquated British cars fouling the air
with carbon byproducts and oil slicks and ultimately lead to heavy
legislation to abolish the cars from our land....maybe we ought to let this
sleeping dog lie.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - working on body & engine)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (about ready for a long winter's nap)