RE: Fuel Leak...again!

Subject: RE: Fuel Leak...again!
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:57:43 -0800
Scott :

I've never had one spontaneously close.  In order to seal, the cork gasket has
to fit pretty tight in the bore (and be tightened from time to time).  It seems
to very effectively resist turning.

I would definitely keep the tap if you can get it to work.

BTW, it sees very little positive fuel pressure (basically just the head from
the tank), and may even see negative pressure with the tank almost empty and
the car pointed uphill.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - with the original fuel shutoff