Re: Soft Top / Hard Top Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soft Top / Hard Top Questions
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:45:05 +0200
Date sent:              Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:                   Jon Messier <blueturtles@yahoo.com>
Subject:                Soft Top / Hard Top Questions
To:                     triumphs@autox.team.net
Send reply to:          Jon Messier <blueturtles@yahoo.com>

Hi everyone,

Hi Jon ,

I need help regarding the soft and hard top for our
TR6:

1. with the fall season quickly approaching and then
winter, should we keep the soft top up on the car
during the winter months when it is in storage (ie.
garage) or folded down?

During the summer when I don't use the car for more than a week
I keep it in the garage with the soft top up but not locked in the
front pins, so its not under tension.During the winter when the hard
top is on, I remove the soft top from the car and keep it stored
folded in a long box.
2. and as for the hard top, how do you store it when
it is not in use? have you built some type of storage
rack or something else to protect it?
For the hard top I have constructed 2 U shape brackets a little
larger than the hard top itself  and fixed them to a lower, second
open ceiling in my garage.This ceiling also acts as a kind of
floor/storage rack for spare wheels and the deckline for my
Freelander.The U brackets are mounted at a distance to support
the hard top on the rear pillars and on the window seal and are
covered with soft material to avoid damage to the rubber parts.
The whole construction allows for anough clearance to drive the
TR6 underneath.
Hope you understand what I mean.

Jean -  from Belgium

thanks,