Re: M'aidez, French TR6 owners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: M'aidez, French TR6 owners
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:58:09 +0200
Date sent:              Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:03:53 -0500
To:                     <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From:                   "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject:                M'aidez, French TR6 owners
Send reply to:          "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>

While identifying some parts I've run across Amber Reverse lenses for TR6s.
Apparently these are specified for France only. I am wondering why they
wouldn't be clear as the rest of the TR6s are. Can one see well enough with
amber reverse lenses, or do they serve some other purpose?
        More than a little curious,      Merci.
        Peter C

Hi Peter,
Although not being a french TR6 owner,my TR6 has amber
reversing light lenses and the car was first registered in the G.D. of
Luxembourg. The 69 and 70 TR6 models built in Belgium had this
amber lenses without regard of their destination country.As at that
time reversing lights were not yet standard on all cars, and only
one reversing light was allowed in most European countries B.L.
just fitted amber lenses on both sides instead of installing  one
amber and one white lens. Anyhow only the left side light unit had
a bulb in the lensholder.  My opinion.
Jean

P.S. Dave  - no more yellow front lights on french cars today,
                   but the red light district is still red and going strong