nonlbc body work

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: nonlbc body work
From: "Rod MacLeod" <macleodr@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:35:31 -0300charset="iso-8859-1"
My brand new chevy truck was involved in a scuffle with the hoist at my
dealer. The box side,back of cab and rocker panel were damaged.
They said they could fix it better than new ?
I went in today to check progress and discovered they had cut about 20" out
of rocker panel and welded in new piece, cut cab corner about 12" up and
welded in a new piece and were in the process of filling the joints with
body filler.
The box has a complete side laying beside it but not yet attached.
Now this to me would seem like a patchwork you would do to get a couple of
more years out of the old wagon and and a recipe for rust at the weld
joints. They also cut these pieces out of a complete door frame and a cab
corner from top of roof to rocker panel to get these pieces. Why does GM not
make the little pieces they welded in .
Any body experts who can either help me sleep better or give me enough info
to go for a jugular.
 Thanx to all in advance