Silicone Gasket & others having any 0ders?

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silicone Gasket & others having any 0ders?
From: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:22:37 -0500
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:01:24 -0400
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Silicone Valve Cover Gasket

I'm on my 2nd Justin gasket, I torn the 1st one up myself do to some bad
work, anyway, my wife did not find anything offensive with the heating
of
this in the oven, do just as Mike F. says, lay it flat on a cookie sheet
or
piece of foil and bake for 4 hours, let it cool and then install it.
"FT"
Hi List!
        I agree with Fred. I was woundering if Powered Coating would give off
any order? Does anyone know of that? Also I have used 'cerimaic' (sp)
paint, as well as the paint sole by Eastwood that would go on top of the
exaust manifold, & in both thoes cases I have Not found any oder when
'harding' the paint inside the oven. Has anyone had different experances
with this suff?
-Cosmo Kramer