Re: TR6 Brake Booster

To: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Booster
From: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:39:49 -0400
Cc: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
All,

I still haven't heard from anyone that can explain why a booster that
doesn't leak provides no braking assistance.

The car passes the test where the brake is applied and engine speed is
observed. That is, there is no change in idle speed, indicating that the
vacuum system is intact.

However, the car remains hard to stop.

One of the gents on the list is experiencing the same problem and has a
new booster on order. He's promised to get back to me with the results
once it's installed.

In the meantime, is there anyone else with such an experience, and
perhaps a solution, to share?

Ed Woods