Re: 48 Spoke wire wheels (was Re: center-lock alloy wheels?)

To: musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 48 Spoke wire wheels (was Re: center-lock alloy wheels?)
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:37:58 EDT
In a message dated 9/8/00 8:34:21 PM EDT, musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu writes:

> Same Book; page 143 (High Speed Equipment)
>  Centre Lock Wire Wheels
>  (60 spoke type)
>  p/n 506169 Lacquered
>  p/n 506170 Alum
>  p/n 506171 Dull Chrome
>  p/n 506172 Bright Chrome

Oops! Thanks, Carl. I forgot about that section completely in my previous
post!

>  I don't know if Lacquered is body colored or the silver we know or does the
>  Alum. Or Dull Chrome qualify as the regular painted wheels.

I'm not sure, but I think "Dull Chrome" is just that -- a dull plated finish.
Meanwhile, as the TR250 SPC lists only the "aluminium" and "Bright chrome"
finishes, I'll guess that "alumin[i]um" is the finish we are used to seeing
on the painted wheels?

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register