RE: HS6 fuel bowl inlets

To: The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HS6 fuel bowl inlets
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:21:23 -0700
Steve :

The original setup was that the side with one pipe was the inlet, and the pipe
opposite that one was the outlet to the other carb.  This avoids having an
external fuel tee, like the TR6 did originally.  There is no reason you can't
cap the outlet off (or use it as an inlet) if you want.

The vent pipe needs to remain open to the air so that the pressure inside the
float bowl can equalize.  You can route it into the air filter (so it receives
clean air) as the factory did, but the disadvantage is that if the float valve
ever sticks open, your air filter will wind up soaked with gas and there is a
(faint) possibility of hydro-locking the engine.  Another solution is to add a
long hose that hangs down towards the ground.  That way, any overflow is routed
away from the intake and exhaust, where (hopefully) it will do no further harm.

Randall