HS6 fuel bowl inlets

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS6 fuel bowl inlets
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:51:41 -0700
I've just gotten a couple of HS6 carbs to put on my TR6.  The fuel bowl has 3
pipe inlets. The two opposite each other appear to both be fuel inlet pipes and
then there appears to be a lower vent pipe.  I assume I can use either one of
the two upper pipes as a fuel inlet and close off the opposite other?  I assume
two inlet pipes installed to allow for different engine applications?  Can the
third lower (vent) pipe be closed off as well or does it simply need to remain
open to the air(or piped/routed back to the air filter)?