Re: TR6 keys

To: slevine@toucan.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 keys
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:39:36 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/00 9:04:49 PM EDT, slevine@toucan.com writes:

> Now after 30 years, I just read the owners manual which said the the
>  ignition and door keys are the same.
>
>  Is there anyone out there that knows for a fact how a 1970 was delivered
>  from the factory? And if the owner's manual is correct - how did I wind up
>  with 3 keys?

Three keys sounds correct to me, assuming that your '70 has the steering
column ignition lock and not the dashboard ignition switch. (In this case,
the manual probably is not "incorrect" as such, except that it only discusses
home market cars regarding the key situation.)

I remember my 1969 Spitfire having the two keys (ignition and door being
double-sided), and my 1970 GT6+ having three (steering column lock had its
own key).

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register