Re: Cost for bodywork

Subject: Re: Cost for bodywork
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:38:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bryan :

A few months ago, I finally decided I was tired of the ugly color my
TR3A has been since I bought it in 1982, and also wanted the rust holes
and parking lot damage fixed.  The price at a local _discount_ paint and
body shop came to $2000.  When I asked a friend who works in a
"collision repair" type body shop about it, she said her shop would have
charged more than that, just for the paint job !  Another friend spent
$4000 just on paint ...

So, your $2500 is probably a fair price, depending on the quality of
work your 'guy' does, but you may be able to better it by shopping
around, and compromising on quality.  I'm quite happy with my paint job,
it's just right for a daily driver, but it's not concours quality.
(Which is fine, neither is the car <g>)

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver