Re: Altitude & VTR2001

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Altitude & VTR2001
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:48:20 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Michael Cline <mcline@substrates.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Michael D. Porter"
>Here's one more thing to consider about altitude. Those of you living at
sea-level most of your lives, or who have any respiratory or circulatory
problems, your body will notice the altitude change, as well. Plan on a
day or two to acclimate to the altitude before doing anything strenuous.
Light, short walks once or twice a day help the process.

For most people, light-headedness or headaches are the only symptoms,
but one can feel rather breathless upon exertion until acclimated to the
change in altitude.
<

Boy, that's for sure!  I remember Rocky Mountain Ntl. Park in 1990 (VTR,
Boulder), the wife and I walked (or tried) to the lookout at the top and we
had to sit down half way!  At sea level we coulod have jogged to it!  And
back!

But then the previous day we were at 900 FT (Kansas City).

Dave Massey, Flat lander