RE: Altitude & VTR2001

Subject: RE: Altitude & VTR2001
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:22:15 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Thursday, August 17, 2000 2:04 PM, Michael Cline
[SMTP:mcline@substrates.com] wrote:
>  Actually someone once told me commercial
> passenger jets are pressurized to 5,000'. Yes? No? Any pilots out there?

I believe it varies with airline, and how stingy they are trying to be.  They
used to pressurize to 8000 feet, but I believe many only go to 15000 feet
today.

I'm not a pilot (yet), but the pressure changes used to cause me severe
discomfort when traveling so I used to ask about cabin pressure.  Now, I've
both got the inner ear problem solved, and switched to a job that doesn't
require gallivanting about the world <g>

Randall