RE: TR6 Headlights - non-sealed units

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Headlights - non-sealed units
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:43:16 -0700
Chris :

Nice Page !

Two comments : some of the links are broken, and non-sealed beam headlights are
no longer automatically illegal in the US.  The federal DOT dropped the
requirement several years ago (as evidence, check into almost any new foreign
car, they all use non-sealed beam headlights).  However, some states (CA is
one) still require that replacement headlamps be sealed beam if the originals
were.

Also, it's possible without a great deal of grief to replace the headlamp
wiring all the way to the plug in the bucket.  I found some replacement
headlight sockets where the contact can be disassembled and soldered to the new
wire.

Randall