Re: TR6 Headlights - non-sealed units

To: John Vance <vancejohn@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Headlights - non-sealed units
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:33:48 -0400
At 8:17 AM -0700 8/17/00, John Vance wrote:
>Any body got any clue where I can get non-sealed beam setups for a TR6?
>TRF sell some nice 100W halogen bulbs but I'd like to have some glass
>to wrap em in.....

There are a number of outlets for halogen, bulb/reflector headlamps. Hellas
are sold widely and Cibie are now available again in the US. Susquehanna
Motorsports (PA) sells Hella and Aardvark Int'l (CA) sells Cibie. Both
outfits have a presence on the Web and I have done business with both, with
satisfaction.

My recommendation would be Cibies with 55/65W bulbs. The Cibie choice is a
personal one, but don't go overboard on watts unless you also rewire the
circuits to include relays. The stock wiring/switches won't handle
high-watt bulbs happily.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (Will run forever on cash)