Autocross and what's stock?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Autocross and what's stock?
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:54:53 -0400
Bud wrote:

>It'd be hard to look at a trophy for a stock classification
>knowing that you won it in a car equipped with rear sway bars
>or tube shocks or some other modification that's not considered
>stock.

Bud - FYI -
   My TR6 has a rear anti-sway bay and has been (IMO) correctly
classified by VTR Technical inspectors as 'stock' in every
National ('94,'95,'96,'99) and every Regional ('95,'97,'00)
event I have attended.  A rear sway bar is considered a
"period-available safety device" (not sure that is the exact
quote) that should not, in the eyes of the VTR, cause a car to
be considered modified.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U(O) / Highland,NY
                          DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM