Re: TR8 Motor question

Subject: Re: TR8 Motor question
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:44:18 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
As Michael said, the basic casting was shared by Buick, Olds and
Pontiac.  The design was later sold by GM to Leyland, and it eventually
wound up not only in the TR8, but in various Land Rovers (maybe other
Rovers too).  I believe it's descendant remains an option in the LR
Discovery today.

However, the different GM divisions built the motor differently, the
parts are not identical and only interchange in certain places.  There
are also substantial differences between the TR8/LR versions and the BOP
versions.

Randall