TRF Spring Compressor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRF Spring Compressor
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:12:49 EDT
All

Does anyone have experience with a TRF Spring Compressor for a TR3? I am
rebuilding my front suspention and I understand if the spring is not removed
correctly it can be DANGEROUS. It came with NO directions.

I am at the point where the shock has been removed and it is time to take the
spring out. I put the shaft of the compressor through the opening for the
shock. The lower end has been positioned over the 4 shock bolts and the upper
end at the top of the shock tower. I tightened the top bolt until the shock
was slightly compressed. I then removed the six nuts/four bolts from the
lower A arm. I loosened the top bolt of the compressor until the entire
compressor was loose, but the spring is still there. What am I doing wrong?

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1957 TR3 TS21086L