RE: Moving to New Jersey

To: <sppchicago@excite.com>
Subject: RE: Moving to New Jersey
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 17:33:48 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Steve,

        It is confusing. But, it actually is no surprise from a state that at
one
time
        ,several years ago, had banned over-easy eggs!

        The latest scoop, after again talking to the DMV is as follows:

        For cars made after 1975 (25 years old or newer):
        Option 1: Regular registration, full inspection, no limitation on miles
        Option 2: Collectors' registration, limited inspection (basiclly an
insurance and
                odometer check) and limited to 3000 miles a year

        For cars made before 1975 (25+ years old)
        Option 1: Regular registration, full inspection, no limitation on miles
        Option 2: Historic registration, no inspection, limited drving for
"educational
        and show purposes" only.

        I emailed the DMV to clarify this issue. They replied by asking for my
address so they
        can mail me a "Historic Application". This should shed some more light
on
the subject.
        Will fill you in when I read the application.

        Jeff N.