Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts

To: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:45:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim:

Depending how thrifty (or stingy, depending on your viewpoint) you
are, I had to get the square nuts that go inside the cage for the
one body mount bolts (the long ones that go through the floor pans),
which is different than all the other sized caged nuts. Anyway,
I ended up buying a slightly different sized bolt from the
local hardware store (True Value is great with their selection
of UNF bolts and nuts) which had a matching square nut. The
problem was the nut didn't fit in the cage, so I ground it
down to fit on the grinding wheel (about 2 minutes to do).
Point is, you may want to try your local hardware store and
improvise a bit.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6